What are the benefits of Aloe for inflammation?
People use Aloe Vera for a variety of reasons from health, nutrition to beauty. The unique properties associated with Aloe Vera make it one of natures best ways to reduce inflammation. The anti-inflammatory properties that can be found in Aloe Vera are responsible for delivering effective results to people who are dealing with the negative effects of inflammation.
Before analyzing how Aloe can be used to treat inflammation, it is important for you to have a clear understanding about what inflammation is. Inflammation can simply be defined as the way how the body reacts to infections, irritations or injuries. It can cause pain, swelling, redness and warmth, which can take place both internally as well as externally. When an injury or irritation occurs, your immune system would enhance the flow of blood to that area. This can stimulate healing and regeneration. Inflammation has the ability to deliver an uncomfortable experience to you. When you encounter such a situation, you can think about using Aloe in order to provide an effective treatment.
Aloe Vera is delivered by the gel, which you can see in the center of the leaf. People have been using this gel in order to treat minor burns, skin infections and heal wounds for hundreds of years. 99% of this gel is made out of water. However, the remaining 1% contains a variety of other nutrients, which include protein, essential fatty acids, calcium, zinc, magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, enzymes, amino acids, lipids, sterols, tannins, acemanan and glucomannam.
Out of the above mentioned ingredients glycoproteins play a major role behind the anti-inflammatory properties that you can see in Aloe Vera. You can find anthraquinonoid glycosides in Aloe latex, which is associated with laxative properties. When scientists figured out the immunomodulatory properties in Aloe Vera, they started conducting researches in order to figure out the wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that can be found in it. These studies delivered positive results to them and it can be considered as the main reason why you can find Aloe as an active ingredient in most of the commercially available cosmetic products.
From the recent studies, it has been identified that Aloe Vera gel consists of a plant sterol, which has the ability to reduce inflammation that is caused by the croton oil induced edema. When compared to other plant sterols available, Aloe Vera consists of the most effective sterol. Aloe is recommended for the people who are dealing with diabetes, where healing wounds take place much slower.
In order to experience the anti-inflammatory properties of Aloe Vera, you need to be careful enough to take in the recommended dosage. The recommended dosage is between 2mg to 100mg per each kg of body weight. If taken in the right amount, you will be able to experience amazing healing properties of Aloe Vera